Growing Lemons & Counting Numbers
Grow lemons on the tree and leaves on the flower stem while learning numbers and practice counting with this newest of our free printable file folder games.
The pages contain a lemon tree without lemons and a flower without leaves plus lemons, leaves, circles numbered 1 to 10 you can add and play. Children can ‘grow’ lemons and leaves according to the given numbers.
Our free printable files are for personal use only.
Please read our terms & conditions before downloading, thank you!
How to play
1. Put the yellow number circles on the plant pot and ask children to add the correct number of lemons to the tree.
2. Put the yellow number circles on the flower and ask children to add the correct number of leaves to the stem.
3. Try the other way around or invent a new way to play!
You will need
papers (try heavier paper for durability), file folder, scissors, glue
Optional: removable labels such as Post-it (see our tip below)
How to make this file folder game
1. Lay down the file folder like an open book and glue page 1 and 2 inside.
3. Cut out the lemons, leaves and numbers on page 3 with scissors. Cut out the title to put on the cover.
Cut the sticky part of Post-it (or any removable label) and glue the non-sticky side to the back of each cut out pieces. The children can then stick and re-position the pieces over and over again.